Credit Card Icon

3.6. Transit accident insurance

Transit accident insurance covers the costs that may be associated with crashes or other incidents that happen on licensed transport vehicles like buses, trains and planes when you are overseas. This cover is often separate from standard international travel insurance, so you would have to pay extra for it.

A lot of credit cards that offer complimentary international travel insurance also offer complimentary transit accident insurance when you pay for the travel using your credit card, which could save you money on upfront insurance costs when you travel overseas.

TIP: Book all your overseas transport with a credit card offering transit accident insurance to make sure you are covered if anything goes wrong.